Slide deck from Pitch Workshop in Leeds on 09 May 2017.
John Spindler, Founder & CEO, Capital Enterprise delivered honest advice on how to prepare a ‘knockout pitch’ – from an Investors perspective!
“… so if you do find yourself face-to-face with an investor please be a human first, get them intrigued about you and try to let the investor ask the investor questions and if you have to, or preferably are invited, to pitch, remember that you need to let them leave with the impression that you belong to an awesome team, that is building and now achieving something amazing (here is where you mention your traction metrics) based on an amazing insight/ secret that probably will enable your startup to capture a billion dollar + market…”
The workshop covered:
Part 1: What Sources of Funding are Available in the North?
The first part of this workshop offers an overview of the funding opportunities for tech startups in the North of England. Answering some of the following questions:
- Which early stage investors are actively investing in Northern Tech start-ups?
- Which would be suitable for your business?
- How can Capital Enterprise North help you approach the right people?
- When are you ‘investment ready’?
Part 2: How to Make Your Pitch Perfect?
The second part of this workshop is to help you start building your investors deck. With guidance on:
- What you need to include and what not to include!
- How to make your deck concise, easy to read and easy to understand!
- How to catch the attention of investors!
- How to stand out from the crowd!
Following the workshop please get in touch if you have questions or wish to arrange a 1-2-1.